Wednesday 2 January 2013

Featured Employee: Margia Ferguson




Margia Ferguson
Professor, Office Administration Program


Margia worked as a Registered Nursing Assistant (RNA) at North Bay Civic Hospital following graduation and then worked for 18 years for various North Bay physicians and at a physiotherapy clinic.   As an active member of the Medical Secretaries Association, she became proficient in all other office duties while working in these offices.  Margia also operated her own home business doing medical transcription and medical billing while working as an office nurse.  All of this gave her the valuable work experience for her current position here in Office Administration since 1996.

Why does Margia love teaching at Canadore?

“I love North Bay and Canadore College and I am a proud graduate.  The people I work with are wonderful and I have made many friends since coming to work here.  I love being in front of the class!  At convocation ceremonies I feel especially proud knowing I have helped these graduates along in their chosen career path.  It is nice to go to the various offices, the hospital, and many other businesses in the city and to see the OA grads at work!”

Margia.Ferguson@canadorecollege.ca
705-474-7600 ext. 5646
E248

No comments:

Post a Comment